The Hotel Landing is actively searching for a passionate, organized, and customer-focused Director of Front Office Operations to lead our Front Desk and Guest Services team.
The right candidate will be a hands-on leader, often working full shifts interacting with guests directly at the front desk. The ideal candidate must be willing and able to participate in daily duties to better the overall success of the team and ultimate satisfaction of the customer. Weekend availability for high volume days is required and expected.
The newly-constructed Hotel Landing, ninetwentyfive, and Läka Spa, managed by Hay Creek Hotels, is a luxury 92 guest room & suites boutique hotel, including an upscale 2 level restaurant and bar, seasonal dual-level patio, state of the art meeting facilities, ballroom, and spa. Located on the shore of Lake Minnetonka, Wayzata is an upscale community with a highly seasonal influx of tourists and only 15 minutes from downtown Minneapolis. Visit thehotellanding.com and ninetwentyfive.com for more information.
- Directly manage all front desk agents, night auditors, and guest service associates, including recruitment, interviewing, hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, coaching, disciplining, and motivating of staff. Consistently practice, lead, and train associates on all procedures and service standards.
- Work directly with Guest Service/Valet Company (3rd party) to coordinate scheduling needs for valet, bell and door staff. Work closely with Valet and bell staff to communicate appropriate guest service standards.
- Have an expert working knowledge of hotel property management system (Room Master). Troubleshoot PMS integrations, load rates and packages, ensure all guest service agents are well versed in navigating the system, and verify transactions are posted correctly. Review PMS repots daily.
- Lead all IT initiatives with advanced tech knowledge and natural aptitude for IT integration and troubleshooting, including iRis room technology, digital check-in/out, digital Room Service ordering, KeyWatch key management system, digital guest key administration, phone line and TV programming, etc.
- Perform daily front desk agent duties including; communicate room availability, book and review guest reservations, operating multi-line phone system, check in/out, issuance of guest keys, verifying payment, and coordinating bell services.
- Lead staff by professionally handling escalated guest complaints, problem-solving, and follow up with all guest complaints, maintenance issues, and safety concerns.
- Have a thorough knowledge of local amenities, hotel services, shopping, dining, entertainment, and travel directions. Have full knowledge of all parking options, guest charges, and fees. Working knowledge of all rates, packages, and booking restrictions.
- Supervise all cash and accounting practices performed at the front desk.
- Maximize Yield Management. Oversee and manage forecast, schedule, and reservation transaction reports daily. Manage and maintain all third party reservation sites and rates offered.
- Work closely with Sales department to develop creative packages and promotions to maximize sales and overall guest experience. Create personalized amenity options, working with F&B and Marketing team. Work with Corporate Media Manager to ensure promotions are effectively promoted digitally.
- Work closely with Director of Housekeeping and housekeeping staff on all in-house room requests, issues, and room status’. Work with Director of Housekeeping on Lost and Found management. Ensure Lost and Found procedures are followed accordingly. Work with Director of Housekeeping on Lost and Found management. Ensure Lost and Found procedures are followed accordingly.
Hay Creek offers an extensive benefit and incentive package, including;
- Insurance Benefit package, to include Company-funded Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Accident, and Critical Illness
- Competitive Salary/Wages
- Competitive Paid Time Off Structure including Vacation, Sick, Holiday Pay, Jury Duty Leave, and Bereavement Leave
- Standard Annual Performance/Salary Reviews
- Merit and Cost of Living Adjustments
- Complimentary Meals Daily
- Complimentary Underground, Heated Parking
- Employee and Friends & Family Lodging Discounts as low as forty-nine dollars per night at all HCH Properties
- Discounts at specific property partners (NEIRA, Historic Hotels of America)
- 50% Discount when Dining at any HCH Property
- Industry Discounts through Working Advantage (Entertainment Tickets, Hotels, Rental Cars, Outdoor Activities, Restaurants, etc.)
- Discounts at each of our Spas, Golf Courses, Fitness rooms/programs and other featured amenities
- Supportive, open-door policy work environment
- Work Culture that is fun, energetic and motivating
- Employee Recognition Program - 'Delight and Surprise Dollars'
- Accelerated Career Advancement to include professional enrichment, conferences & classes, and manager in training programs.