The Hotel Landing and Laka Spa is actively searching for Receptionist to join the Spa team.
Located in the heart of downtown Wayzata on the shore of Lake Minnetonka, Wayzata is a small town community with a highly seasonal influx of tourists and only 15 minutes from Minneapolis. The spa is open to hotel guests, luxury condominium tenants, and the public community of Wayzata.
Managed by Hay Creek Hotels, this luxury 92 guest room & suites boutique hotel, includes an upscale 2 level restaurant/bar, seasonal patio, state of the art meeting facilities, ballroom and spa.
The Spa Receptionist is responsible for greeting guests to the spa, maintaining appointment bookings and processing cancellations, via phone, email and in person. The Spa Receptionist must be well versed in the different services offered at the spa facility, to be able to provide adequate information to the guests of the facility. The Spa Receptionist is expected to assist guests of the spa with any queries. Additionally, the Spa Receptionist will process transactions on the point of sale system, handle money, conduct product and amenities inventories, and contribute to facility orderliness and cleanliness.
- Becomes knowledgeable about the facility and its amenities to effectively communicate with members and/or guests.
- Submits all paperwork and financial reporting, when applicable, in accordance with Hay Creek Hotel International policy. Follows all Standard Operating Procedures that apply to the front desk and customer service.
- Receives payments for goods and services. Properly accounts for the money. Reconciles daily sales, deposits, and receipts in the cash drawer. Processes gift certificates and hotel charges, as applicable.
- Informs Spa Manager or Lead Technician, and/or Spa Manager of the day, of any member, guest, or facility issues, incidents, and/or accidents.
- Address each guest using the S.E.A.C. method, with a smile, eye contact, acknowledge their presence in a timely manner with appropriate greeting, and kindly close.
- Ability to handle dissatisfied members/guests with exceptional customer service skills
- Attends all scheduled meetings and training sessions.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality relating to client and guest information.
- Complies with all Hotel and HCH time and attendance policies.
- Complies with all Hotel and HCH uniform, dress code, and appearance standards.
- Goes the extra mile for members and guests by offering to make reservations, find directions, look up phone numbers, etc.
- Uses time efficiently throughout shift by checking equipment, locker rooms, retail stocks, inventory, etc. Ensures proper staff coverage when necessary to leave the area.
- Informs co-worker(s) of pertinent information at the end of the shift. Maintains and updates staff communication book.
- Keeps area clear of clutter and personal effects.
- Helps ensure facility is only accessed by actual spa guests, and that it is safe and secure.
- Helps maintain cleanliness and orderliness of spa facility throughout the shift. May include light cleaning including picking up after guests, dusting, wiping down showers, ensuring toilet and locker rooms are clean and well stocked, assisting the spa technicians with treatment room turnovers, and assisting the spa technicians with cleaning the whirlpool bathtub between services.
- May facilitate hydrotherapy services for clients, and use the Body Bliss Intentional Alchemy App to create customized aromatherapy blends for client services and retail.
- Reports any incidents or accidents to a member of the management team.
Hay Creek offers an extensive benefit and incentive package, including;
- Insurance Benefit package, to include Company-funded Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Accident, and Critical Illness
- Competitive Salary/Wages
- Competitive Paid Time Off Structure including Vacation, Sick, Holiday Pay, Jury Duty Leave, and Bereavement Leave
- Standard Annual Performance/Salary Reviews
- Merit and Cost of Living Adjustments
- Complimentary Meals Daily
- Free Parking
- Employee and Friends & Family Lodging Discounts as low as fourty-nine dollars per night at all HCH Properties
- Discounts at specific property partners (NEIRA, Historic Hotels of America)
- 50% Discount when Dining at any HCH Property
- Industry Discounts through Working Advantage (Entertainment Tickets, Hotels, Rental Cars, Outdoor Activities, Restaurants, etc.)
- Discounts at each of our Spas, Golf Courses, Fitness rooms/programs and other featured amenities
- Supportive, open-door policy work environment
- Work Culture that is fun, energetic and motivating
- Employee Recognition Program - 'Delight and Surprise Dollars'
- Accelerated Career Advancement to include professional enrichment, conferences & classes, and manager in training programs.