The Abbey Inn & Spa is actively searching for efficient and passionate Front Office team members to join our OPENING crew! We are seeking Guest Service / Front Desk Agents to help make the opening of The Abbey Inn a success!
You must be PASSIONATE about your work, able to work in a PROFESSIONAL setting with high standards, and ENJOY HOSPITALITY above all. We are looking for leaders with positive attitudes. Career advancement is available for the right candidates.
The hotel will open January 2020. Front Office candidates will begin work immediately after the new year.
Located on a scenic bluff overlooking the Hudson River, the 42 guest room Abbey Inn & Spa is currently being transformed into a world class destination luxury hotel. The circa 1903 restored convent will feature Apropos Farm to Table restaurant with seasonal outdoor dining opportunities, a 7,500 s.f. luxury health spa with pool and zen garden, a fully restored original Chapel and events hall, a demonstration kitchen, and wine cellar, all on 60 acres of manicured walking trails.
The Abbey Inn & Spa is managed by Hay Creek Hotels. Visit www.HayCreekHotels.com/Careers to learn more!
Follow @TheAbbeyInnAndSpa on instagram and facebook for updates and check out @HayCreekHotels on Linkedin for more great opportunities!
- Provide telephone services and operate the multi-line telephone switchboard effectively. Receive and transfer all calls, voice messages, and mail of guests and hotel employees.
- Greet and welcome all guests in a professional and hospitable manner. Direct guests to the appropriate area.
- Register guests and securely assign them a guest room and room key. Verify guest credit and process payment upon check-out.
- Have a thorough working knowledge of hotel property management system and rates/packages offered. Regularly check availability for reservation inquiries. Make and confirm reservations over the phone and coordinate those submitted online.
- Assist guests with any and all needs, including assisting in bringing luggage to their rooms, making restaurant reservations, and ensuring housekeeping and maintenance requests.
- Communicate all guest room status changes to Housekeeping department.
- Professionally handle guest complaints, problem solve to satisfy all guest needs, and follow up with manager.
- Have a thorough knowledge of hotel services, local shopping, dining, entertainment, and travel directions.
- Deliver guest amenities as necessary.
- Know and practice all safety and emergency procedures. Lead emergency situations, such as evacuations. Follow all key procedures. Secure guest valuables. Manage Lost and Found per policy.
Hay Creek offers an extensive benefit and incentive package, including;
- Insurance Benefit package, to include Company-funded Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Accident, and Critical Illness
- Competitive Salary/Wages
- Competitive Paid Time Off Structure including Vacation, Sick, Holiday Pay, Jury Duty Leave, and Bereavement Leave
- Standard Annual Performance/Salary Reviews
- Merit and Cost of Living Adjustments
- Complimentary Meals Daily
- Free Parking
- Employee and Friends & Family Lodging Discounts as low as forty-nine dollars per night at all HCH Properties
- Discounts at specific property partners (NEIRA, Historic Hotels of America)
- 50% Discount when Dining at any HCH Property
- Industry Discounts through Working Advantage (Entertainment Tickets, Hotels, Rental Cars, Outdoor Activities, Restaurants, etc.)
- Discounts at each of our Spas, Golf Courses, Fitness rooms/programs and other featured amenities
- Supportive, open-door policy work environment
- Work Culture that is fun, energetic and motivating
- Employee Recognition Program - 'Delight and Surprise Dollars'
- Accelerated Career Advancement to include professional enrichment, conferences & classes, and manager in training programs.