Apropos Farm to Table restaurant at The Abbey Inn & Spa is actively searching for a professional, friendly, and fast-paced Food & Beverage Manager to join our team as the #2 to the Food & Beverage Director, assisting in the management in both the a la carte full service restaurant and bar - Apropos Hudson Valley Farm to Table Dining - as well as weddings and events held on property of The Abbey Inn and Spa.
Located on a scenic bluff overlooking the Hudson River, the Abbey Inn & Spa will have spectacular views of the Manhattan skyline and greater New York City. The ~50,000 s.f. circa 1903 former convent and Chapel is currently being transformed into a world class destination luxury hotel that will feature an award-winning destination restaurant with seasonal outdoor dining opportunities, a 7,500 s.f. health spa, a fully restored Chapel specifically designed for weddings, social events and functions, a demonstration kitchen and wine cellar, its own private pool and natural pond, 60 acres of manicured walking trails as well as a peaceful Zen Garden.
The Abbey at Fort Hill is located in Peekskill, NY, 25 minutes north of New York City in Westchester County. The property is destined to become one of the most notable luxury hotels in the country. Its 42 guest rooms & suites are situated in a classic stone mansion that is being meticulously restored while paying homage to its deep historic significance while infusing the most sophisticated modern design features and guest amenities.
The Abbey at Fort Hill will open January 2020. Be sure to Follow @TheAbbeyInnAndSpa on facebook and instagram for property updates and @HayCreekHotels on Linkedin for future employment opportunities!
- Responsible for management of food & beverage department operations and staff, reporting directly to the F&B Director.
- Directly manage a segment of service staff to include; hiring, training, coaching, reviews, discipline, motivation, scheduling, and more.
- Create and maintain relationships with clients and guests in our restaurant, bar, room service and banquet areas, with a strong passion to elevate one’s dining experience. Act as a liaison between the F&B team and the guests to provide a truly wonderful and memorable experience.
- Creating and maintaining an exceptional guest experience while motivating and training our staff that offers a 'Delight and Surprise' atmosphere. Leads the team to ensure outstanding internal and external customer service standards.
- Assists F&B Director with entire Employment Process to include; creative recruitment, interviews, references, hiring, training & development of staff.
- Manage positive Employee Relations Standards and enforce all SOP’s that include; effective communication venues, coaching, counseling, evaluating, hiring & training of staff.
- Work daily/nightly management shifts supervising all F&B operations while working the floor, greeting guests, touching tables, assisting in expediting, checking in with banquet staff, and stepping into all active roles to support your staff.
- Work with F&B Director on budgets, scheduling, forecasting, inventory, expenses, promotions and systems and controls for all F&B departments.
- Creates a fun, energetic and team oriented working environment for entire staff.
- Supervises all; health, sanitation, safety and security, laws, policies and procedures in all F&B departments/hotel.
- Maintain all Point of Sale (POS) systems to include; updating pricing, making adjustments, enter specials, maintain counts, use of time clock system, etc.
Hay Creek offers an extensive benefit and incentive package, including;
- Insurance Benefit package, to include Company-funded Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Accident, and Critical Illness
- Competitive Salary/Wages
- Competitive Paid Time Off Structure including Vacation, Sick, Holiday Pay, Jury Duty Leave, and Bereavement Leave
- Standard Annual Performance/Salary Reviews
- Merit and Cost of Living Adjustments
- Complimentary Meals Daily
- Free Parking
- Employee and Friends & Family Lodging Discounts as low as forty-nine dollars per night at all HCH Properties
- Discounts at specific property partners (NEIRA, Historic Hotels of America)
- 50% Discount when Dining at any HCH Property
- Industry Discounts through Working Advantage (Entertainment Tickets, Hotels, Rental Cars, Outdoor Activities, Restaurants, etc.)
- Discounts at each of our Spas, Golf Courses, Fitness rooms/programs and other featured amenities
- Supportive, open-door policy work environment
- Work Culture that is fun, energetic and motivating
- Employee Recognition Program - 'Delight and Surprise Dollars'
- Accelerated Career Advancement to include professional enrichment, conferences & classes, and manager in training programs.