Apropos Restaurant at The Abbey Inn & Spa is actively searching
for an efficient, passionate, and self-motivated Banquet Chef to join
our team of opening professionals. The right candidate will be an
experienced Banquet Chef, comfortable and experienced in running a
This farm to table kitchen is led by acclaimed Chef John Paidas, a
CIA grad with unique experiences in Baltimore, NYC, and Aspen. Chef
Paidas is serious about his passion for culinary excellence, striving
to build a team based on positive leadership, a great workplace
learning environment, and creating a fun, intriguing culinary
experience for our guests.
Located on a scenic bluff overlooking the Hudson River, the Abbey at
Fort Hill will have spectacular views of the Manhattan skyline and
greater New York City. The ~50,000 s.f. circa 1903 former convent and
Chapel has been transformed into a world class destination luxury
hotel that will feature an award-winning destination restaurant, a
2,500 s.f. health spa, a fully restored Chapel specifically designed
for weddings, social events and functions, a demonstration kitchen and
wine cellar, a waterfall pool and natural pond, 60 acres of manicured
walking trails as well as a peaceful English Garden.
The Abbey at Fort Hill is located in Peekskill, NY, 25 minutes north
of New York City in Westchester County. The property is destined to
become one of the most notable luxury hotels in the country. Its 42
guest rooms & suites are situated in a classic stone mansion that
has been meticulously restored while paying homage to its deep
historic significance while infusing the most sophisticated modern
design features and guest amenities.
Follow @TheAbbeyInnAndSpa on instagram and facebook for updates and
check out @HayCreekHotels on Linkedin for more great opportunities!
- Work closely with the Executive Chef to ensure that all items
needed are in stock. Maintain daily pars and place inventory orders
- Regularly make table visits to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Practice and enforce proper food storage safety, allergy
awareness, food storage safety, compliance with health department
code, and all other safety and security policies and procedures.
- Oversee all work stations, often assisting in completing daily
prep and working on each station.
- Enforce quality control of food at all times. Coordinate with the
Executive Chef on proper food preparation, execution, and plate presentation.
- Assist Executive chef in the management of all culinary staff to
include but not limited to; weekly scheduling, hiring,
discipline/coach and counseling, performance evaluations and all
training necessary to ensure smooth operation of the culinary department
- Actively train culinary employees.
- Assist Executive Chef in the control of labor management via
strategic scheduling, overtime monitoring, and making daily staffing decisions.
- In addition to the regular execution of restaurant operations,
also assist in the execution of special events, private parties, and banquets.
- Assist in the development of daily specials, special menus for
promotions and holidays, quarterly menu changes, and other specialty
- Actively communicate with chef on all operational needs, guest
complaints, recommendations, employee issues, etc.
- Regularly work as a culinary team member, such as working grill
station or sauté station 4-5 shifts per week.
- Flexibility to work nights or mornings, weekends, holidays, and
busy seasonal days (i.e. town festivals).
Hay Creek offers an extensive benefit and incentive package, including;
- Insurance Benefit package, to include Company-funded Medical,
Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Accident, and Critical Illness
- Competitive Salary/Wages
- Competitive Paid Time Off Structure including Vacation, Sick,
Holiday Pay, Jury Duty Leave, and Bereavement Leave
- Standard Annual Performance/Salary Reviews
- Merit and Cost of Living Adjustments
- Free Parking
- Employee and Friends & Family Lodging Discounts as low as
forty-nine dollars per night at all HCH Properties
- Discounts at specific property partners (NEIRA, Historic Hotels of America)
- 50% Discount when Dining at any HCH Property
- Industry Discounts through Working Advantage (Entertainment
Tickets, Hotels, Rental Cars, Outdoor Activities, Restaurants, etc.)
- Discounts at each of our Spas, Golf Courses, Fitness
rooms/programs and other featured amenities
- Supportive, open-door policy work environment
- Work Culture that is fun, energetic and motivating
- Employee Recognition Program - 'Delight and Surprise Dollars'
- Accelerated Career Advancement to include professional enrichment,
conferences & classes, and manager in training programs.