Apropos Restaurant at The Abbey Inn & Spa is actively searching
for efficient and passionate kitchen team members to join our crew! We
are seeking cooks and dishwashers from all backgrounds and skill sets
to help make the opening of Apropos Farm to Table Restaurant a success.
You must be PASSIONATE about your work, able to work in a
PROFESSIONAL kitchen with high standards, and ENJOY COOKING above all.
We are looking for leaders with positive attitudes. Career advancement
available for the right candidates.
This farm to table kitchen is led by acclaimed Chef John Paidas, a
CIA graduate with unique experiences in Baltimore, NYC, and Aspen.
Chef Paidas is serious about his passion for culinary excellence,
striving to build a team based on positive leadership, a great
workplace learning environment, and creating a fun, intriguing
culinary experience for our guests.
Located on a scenic bluff overlooking the Hudson River, the 42 guest
room Abbey Inn & Spa is currently being transformed into a world
class destination luxury hotel. The circa 1903 restored convent will
feature Apropos Farm to Table restaurant, a 2,500 s.f. luxury health
spa with pool and English garden, a fully restored original Chapel and
events hall, a demonstration kitchen, and wine cellar, all on 60 acres
of manicured walking trails.
Follow @TheAbbeyInnAndSpa on instagram and facebook for updates and
check out @HayCreekHotels on Linkedin for more great opportunities!
- Participate in all pre-opening scheduled training sessions.
- Learn and remain familiar with menu items and assume
responsibility for all food rotation and proper timing of foods.
- Work closely with the Sous Chef and Executive Chef to ensure that
all items needed are in stock for the menu.
- Coordinate with the Sous Chef and Executive Chef for food
preparation, presentation and proper service procedures.
- Maintain cleanliness of workstation, kitchen area, and walk in cooler/freezer.
- Review prep list, check daily pars and maintain pars as necessary.
- Prepare food of consistent quality by following recipe and
production/portion standards, per check from servers.
- Practice conscious knowledge of food allergies and all safety procedures.
- Operate, maintain, and properly clean deep fryer, broiler, stove,
steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven, steam table, waffle
iron and flat top grill.
Hay Creek offers an extensive benefit and incentive package, including;
- Insurance Benefit package, to include Company-funded Medical,
Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Accident, and Critical Illness
- Competitive Salary/Wages
- Competitive Paid Time Off Structure including Vacation, Sick,
Holiday Pay, Jury Duty Leave, and Bereavement Leave
- Standard Annual Performance/Salary Reviews
- Merit and Cost of Living Adjustments
- Free Parking
- Employee and Friends & Family Lodging Discounts as low as
forty-nine dollars per night at all HCH Properties
- Discounts at specific property partners (NEIRA, Historic Hotels of America)
- 50% Discount when Dining at any HCH Property
- Industry Discounts through Working Advantage (Entertainment
Tickets, Hotels, Rental Cars, Outdoor Activities, Restaurants, etc.)
- Discounts at each of our Spas, Golf Courses, Fitness
rooms/programs and other featured amenities
- Supportive, open-door policy work environment
- Work Culture that is fun, energetic and motivating
- Employee Recognition Program - 'Delight and Surprise Dollars'
- Accelerated Career Advancement to include professional enrichment,
conferences & classes, and manager in training programs.