The Abbey Inn & Spa is actively searching for an efficient,
detailed, and self-motivated Housekeeping Supervisor to lead our
This is a Full-Time, year-round position. Weekend availability is required.
Located on a scenic bluff overlooking the Hudson River, the 42 guest
room Abbey Inn & Spa has been transformed into a world class
destination luxury hotel. The circa 1903 restored convent will feature
Apropos Farm to Table restaurant, a 2,500 s.f. luxury health spa with
pool and English garden, a fully restored original Chapel and events
hall, a demonstration kitchen, and wine cellar, all on 60 acres of
manicured walking trails.
The Abbey Inn & Spa and Apropos Restaurant are managed by Hay
Creek Hotels. Please visit www.HayCreekHotels.com/Careers to learn more!
· Assist in the cleaning and inspecting of the entire property,
with the ability to perform all duties required of subordinate
Housekeeping, Guest Room Attendants and Public Space Cleaners.
· Work closely with Rooms Director to assist in the recruitment,
onboarding, orientation, training, coaching and disciplining,
motivating, rewarding, and terminating housekeeping employees.
· Investigate all guest complaints and maintenance issues.
Responsible for resolving, responding, and adjusting operations as needed.
· Keep a thorough inventory of all guest room needs, linen, rooms
glassware, amenities, etc. Place
product orders timely and manage housekeeping costs effectively
through vendor relations and appropriate ordering.
· Inspect all cleaned rooms by housekeeping staff, verify it is
check-in ready. Communicate any
discrepancies in room cleanliness to associates through constructive
criticism and ongoing training.
Determine daily room assignments. Review housekeeping reports daily
for guest needs.
· Work closely with Sales team
to ensure all public space and banquet areas are cleaned to standard
prior to event guest arrival.
· Ensure HK storage is cleaned and organized at all times.
· Manage linen recovery program. Ensure laundry standards are
followed and guest linens are of the highest standard.
· Ensure all guest room floors, hallways, stairwells, employee
areas, and public areas are cleaned according to standard.
· Lead all Safety and Security policies and procedures
pertaining to housekeeping, including guest room entry safety, key
procedures, bloodborne pathogen procedures, and proper safety
techniques used by staff.
Hay Creek offers an extensive benefit and incentive package, including;
· Insurance Benefit package, to include Company-funded Medical,
Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Accident, and Critical Illness
· Competitive Salary/Wages
· Competitive Paid Time Off Structure including Vacation, Sick,
Holiday Pay, Jury Duty Leave, and Bereavement Leave
· Standard Annual Performance/Salary Reviews
· Merit and Cost of Living Adjustments
· Free Parking
· Employee and Friends & Family Lodging Discounts as low as
forty-nine dollars per night at all HCH Properties
· Discounts at specific property partners (NEIRA, Historic
Hotels of America)
· 50% Discount when Dining at any HCH Property
· Industry Discounts through Working Advantage (Entertainment
Tickets, Hotels, Rental Cars, Outdoor Activities, Restaurants, etc.)
· Discounts at each of our Spas, Golf Courses, Fitness
rooms/programs and other featured amenities
· Supportive, open-door policy work environment
· Work Culture that is fun, energetic and motivating
· Employee Recognition Program - 'Delight and Surprise Dollars'
· Accelerated Career Advancement to include professional
enrichment, conferences & classes, and manager in training programs.