The Abbey Inn & Spa is actively searching for Guest Service/Front
Desk Agents to join our Team!
You must be PASSIONATE about your work, able to work in a
PROFESSIONAL setting with high standards, and ENJOY HOSPITALITY above
all. We are looking for leaders with positive attitudes to help make
The Abbey Inn a success! Career advancement is available for the right candidates.
Located on a scenic bluff overlooking the Hudson River, the 42 guest
room Abbey Inn & Spa has been transformed into a world class
destination luxury hotel. The circa 1902 restored convent will feature
Apropos Farm to Table restaurant, a 2,500 s.f. luxury health spa and
English garden, a fully restored original Chapel and events hall, a
demonstration kitchen, and wine cellar, all on 60 acres of manicured
The Abbey Inn & Spa is managed by Hay Creek Hotels. Visit www.HayCreekHotels.com/Careers to learn more!
Follow @TheAbbeyInnAndSpa on instagram and facebook for updates and
check out @HayCreekHotels on Linkedin for more great opportunities!
- Greet and welcome all guests in a professional and hospitable
manner. Direct guests to the appropriate area.
- Register guests and securely assign them a guest room and room
key. Verify guest credit and process payment upon check-out.
- Have a thorough working knowledge of hotel property management
system and rates/packages offered. Regularly check availability for
reservation inquiries. Make and confirm reservations over the phone
and coordinate those submitted online.
- Assist guests with any and all needs, including assisting in
bringing luggage to their rooms, making restaurant reservations, and
ensuring housekeeping and maintenance requests.
- Provide telephone services and operate the multi-line telephone
switchboard effectively. Receive and transfer all calls, voice
messages, and mail of guests and hotel employees.
- Communicate all guest room status changes to Housekeeping department.
- Professionally handle guest complaints, problem solve to satisfy
all guest needs, and follow up with manager.
- Have a thorough knowledge of hotel services, local shopping,
dining, entertainment, and travel directions.
- Deliver guest amenities as necessary.
- Know and practice all safety and emergency procedures. Lead
emergency situations, such as evacuations. Follow all key
procedures. Secure guest valuables. Manage Lost and Found per policy.
Hay Creek offers an extensive benefit and incentive package, including;
- Insurance Benefit package, to include Company-funded Medical,
Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Accident, and Critical Illness
- Competitive Salary/Wages
- Competitive Paid Time Off Structure including Vacation, Sick,
Holiday Pay, Jury Duty Leave, and Bereavement Leave
- Standard Annual Performance/Salary Reviews
- Merit and Cost of Living Adjustments
- Free Parking
- Employee and Friends & Family Lodging Discounts as low as
forty-nine dollars per night at all HCH Properties
- Discounts at specific property partners (NEIRA, Historic Hotels of America)
- 50% Discount when Dining at any HCH Property
- Industry Discounts through Working Advantage (Entertainment
Tickets, Hotels, Rental Cars, Outdoor Activities, Restaurants, etc.)
- Discounts at each of our Spas, Golf Courses, Fitness
rooms/programs and other featured amenities
- Supportive, open-door policy work environment
- Work Culture that is fun, energetic and motivating
- Employee Recognition Program - 'Delight and Surprise Dollars'
- Accelerated Career Advancement to include professional enrichment,
conferences & classes, and manager in training programs.