BONUS - $250.00 signing bonus. This bonus will be paid out once
ninety (90) days have been successfully completed with good standings
and review. *Must inquire within*
The Striper’s Restaurant at The Breakwater Inn & Spa is
actively searching for a creative, innovative, and motivated Sous
Chef to join our Culinary team.
This is a Full-Time, Year-round position. Expected regular shifts
will include mornings and/or evenings with a flexible schedule and
Hay Creek Hotels of Kennebunkport encompasses multiple properties
managed by Hay Creek Hotels; the Breakwater Inn and Spa, Striper's
Waterside Restaurant, and the Beach House Inn. The Breakwater Inn
and Spa is situated on the Kennebunk River, offering 35 guest rooms
with incredible views of coastal Maine. Nearby, the Beach House Inn
adds an additional 35 guest rooms. Guests at both properties are
encouraged to enjoy elevated New England cuisine at Striper's
Waterside Restaurant and spa services from the public Breakwater
Spa. Visit thebreakwaterinn.com, beachhseinn.com, and
stripersrestaurant.com for more information. Be sure to Follow @Hay
Creek Hotels on Linkedin for future employment updates!
· Work closely with the Executive Chef to ensure that all items
needed are in stock. Maintain daily pars and place inventory orders
· Regularly make table visits to ensure guest satisfaction.
· Practice and enforce proper food storage safety, allergy
awareness, food storage safety, compliance with health department
code, and all other safety and security policies and procedures.
· Oversee all work stations, often assisting in completing daily
prep and working on each station.
· Enforce quality control of food at all times. Coordinate with the
Executive Chef on proper food preparation, execution, and plate presentation.
· Assist Executive chef in the management of all culinary staff to
include but not limited to; weekly scheduling, hiring,
discipline/coach and counseling, performance evaluations and all
training necessary to ensure smooth operation of the culinary department
· Actively train culinary employees.
· Assist Executive Chef in the control of labor management via
strategic scheduling, overtime monitoring, and making daily staffing decisions.
· In addition to the regular execution of restaurant operations,
also assist in the execution of special events, private parties, and banquets.
· Assist in the development of daily specials, special menus for
promotions and holidays, quarterly menu changes, and other specialty
· Actively communicate with chef on all operational needs, guest
complaints, recommendations, employee issues, etc.
· Regularly work as a culinary team member, such as working grill
station or sauté station 4-5 shifts per week.
· Flexibility to work nights or mornings, weekends, holidays, and
busy seasonal days (i.e. town festivals).
Hay Creek offers an extensive benefit and incentive package, including;
· Insurance Benefit package, to include Company-funded Medical,
Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Accident, and Critical Illness
· Competitive Salary/Wages
· Competitive Paid Time Off Structure including Vacation, Sick,
Holiday Pay, Jury Duty Leave, and Bereavement Leave
· Standard Annual Performance/Salary Reviews
· Merit and Cost of Living Adjustments
· Complimentary Meals Daily
· Free Parking
· Employee and Friends & Family Lodging Discounts as low as
forty-nine dollars per night at all HCH Properties
· Discounts at specific property partners (NEIRA, Historic Hotels
· 50% Discount when Dining at any HCH Property
· Industry Discounts through Working Advantage (Entertainment
Tickets, Hotels, Rental Cars, Outdoor Activities, Restaurants, etc.)
· Discounts at each of our Spas, Golf Courses, Fitness
rooms/programs and other featured amenities
· Supportive, open-door policy work environment
· Work Culture that is fun, energetic and motivating
· Employee Recognition Program - 'Delight and Surprise Dollars'
· Accelerated Career Advancement to include professional
enrichment, conferences & classes, and manager in training programs.