The Abbey Inn & Spa is actively searching for efficient and
passionate banquet staff to join our crew! We are seeking experienced
service staff from all backgrounds and skill sets to help make The
Abbey Inn & Spa a success.
You must be PASSIONATE about your work, able to work in a
PROFESSIONAL kitchen with high standards, and ENJOY HOSPITALITY above
all. We are looking for leaders with positive attitudes. Career
advancement available for the right candidates.
Located on a scenic bluff overlooking the Hudson River, the 42 guest
room Abbey Inn & Spa has been transformed into a world class
destination luxury hotel. The circa 1902 restored convent will feature
Apropos Farm to Table restaurant, luxury health spa and English
garden, a fully restored original Chapel and events hall, a
demonstration kitchen, and wine cellar, all on 60 acres of manicured
Follow @TheAbbeyInnAndSpa on instagram and facebook for updates and
check out @HayCreekHotels on Linkedin for more great opportunities!
Responsible for the physical set-up, flips, and break-down of all
events in the hotel.
Maintain the cleanliness and eye appeal of the banquet space
according to Hay Creek Standards.
Maintain a commitment to customer service and guest satisfaction.
Assist guests will drop-off and pick-up of banquet items.
Communicate any drop-off and pick-up of materials to event
Follow specific Banquet Event Orders to ensure accuracy for the
set up. Independently locate, read and understand BEOs.
Prepares all banquet space prior to events, including table and
chair heavy lifting, moving, and neat set-up, AV hook-ups, podiums
and flags, projectors and screens, dance floors, stages, etc.
Breaks down all banquet space after events, putting all tables,
chairs, and equipment away properly and cleaning floor spaces as appropriate.
During the event, duties include assisting servers, transporting
tables and equipment, reporting maintenance issues to management,
and providing requested information to banquet patrons.
Assists banquet captain as needed with additional set-up to
include: glasses, pads/pens, candy, water pitchers, draping all
tables, and preparing the space as required for the particular function/event.
Removes centerpieces/décor after events and stores appropriately.
Communicates location of storage of event materials to event
Hay Creek offers an extensive benefit and incentive package, including;
- Insurance Benefit package, to include Company-funded Medical,
Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Accident, and Critical Illness
- Competitive Salary/Wages
- Competitive Paid Time Off Structure including Vacation, Sick,
Holiday Pay, Jury Duty Leave, and Bereavement Leave
- Standard Annual Performance/Salary Reviews
- Merit and Cost of Living Adjustments
- Free Parking
- Employee and Friends & Family Lodging Discounts as low as
forty-nine dollars per night at all HCH Properties
- Discounts at specific property partners (NEIRA, Historic Hotels of America)
- 50% Discount when Dining at any HCH Property
- Industry Discounts through Working Advantage (Entertainment
Tickets, Hotels, Rental Cars, Outdoor Activities, Restaurants, etc.)
- Discounts at each of our Spas, Golf Courses, Fitness
rooms/programs and other featured amenities
- Supportive, open-door policy work environment
- Work Culture that is fun, energetic and motivating
- Employee Recognition Program - 'Delight and Surprise Dollars'
- Accelerated Career Advancement to include professional enrichment,
conferences & classes, and manager in training programs.